I have felt fat since I was eight years old. But a gastric sleeve procedure gave me the head start I needed and finally put health and happiness in sight

I don’t remember a time when I didn’t feel fat. While I started piling on the pounds in my late teens, I was teased as young as eight for being chubby. The idea stuck. I remember overhearing my mum saying that she was worried I would get anorexia: I didn’t even know what that was. Suffice to say, I never did. I felt fat long before I truly had a fat body, but eventually the latter caught up with the former. I tried to diet on and off from my late teens to my late 30s, but nothing stuck. I was deeply, painfully unhappy.

I didn’t have a boyfriend throughout my 20s. Then, aged 30, I met my now ex-husband online, but that relationship was not without its complexities and I continued to gain weight. We got married in 2008. When we split up in 2013, I lost control and lived on junk food for a summer. I have always been an emotional eater and it was a vicious cycle. I was unhappy because I was fat, I ate because I was unhappy, then I gained weight because I ate.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment