Fighting helped me escape parts of my life I found more difficult than being punched in the face

When I was struggling with panic attacks and vicarious trauma, taking up muay thai allowed me to piece my mental health back together

When people find out that I am an amateur muay thai fighter, the first thing they often ask is whether I am scared when I get in the ring. To a certain extent, yes: thai boxing is known as the art of eight limbs, where punches, knees, elbows and kicks all come into play. As an amateur, I’m not at the elbows stage just yet, but even so, fighting isn’t exactly a risk-free activity.

The truth is, I am a fighter because I was looking to escape parts of my life I found more difficult than being punched in the face.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment