From the indoor track in Prague to a rather more sedate pace back in London, I’ve been watching some greats in action. How was your weekend running - as always, share your triumphant PBs and injury woes below the line
I’ve been hanging out at two different tracks in the last few days. In Friday I was in Prague for the European Indoor Athletics, on Saturday back home at my local running club, running at a pace that probably doesn’t even count as a warm up for most of those professional athletes.
If you’ve never been to an athletics meet - do it. This was my first indoor event and it was utterly fantastic. The atmosphere - even early on the first day of competition - was lively, with huge roars greeting any Czech competitors. I got to watch the awesome Katarina Johnson-Thompson on her way to gold in the Pentathlon, if not, alas, the world record - though that surely is just a matter of time. What you see in the stadium that the TV can’t catch is fascinating - the warm-ups, the stretches, the drills, the pigeon-paces the athletes take to measure their long jump run up ...
Continue reading...
0 comments :
Post a Comment