When I set myself a challenge to swim a mile every day for 50 days, in different pool in London, I didn’t realise how many people would join me to cheer me on and celebrate. My first week has been packed with goodwill, friends and cake
There’s a moment before you start a long swim – whether it is a long training session or an endurance event – where you pause and think: “This is it - the second I pull my goggles down over my eyes and dive into the water, that’s it, for the next few hours. I’m in for the long haul.” You prevaricate madly, fiddling with goggles, staring down the water, having just another sip of your drink – anything to put off the inevitable. You know that after that split-second there is no going back.
Related: My 50th-birthday challenge: swim a mile a day for 50 days
Continue reading...
0 comments :
Post a Comment