Should I tell my ex-partner's wife-to-be that he abused me?

He was very controlling and had anger issues, and I am worried that he might treat her in the same way

I split from my partner two years ago, after a seven-year relationship. One of the main reasons for the breakup was abuse, both verbal and physical: he isolated me from family and friends, broke things in our home when in a rage, monitored my emails and social media and threatened to harm himself if I didn’t do what he wanted. It was very difficult to leave but I am much happier now. About a year ago he started a long-distance relationship. They are now getting married, and she has quit her job and moved from the US to Europe to be with him. The speed that their relationship has moved at is concerning, along with her move to be with him, given how controlling he was. Though I hope he has sought help for his anger issues, I am worried he may still be abusive. Should I tell/warn her about his past behaviour, or stay out of it?

• When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments that appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment