Should I let my violent father meet my daughter?

‘Some members of a family don’t deserve to be let in,’ says Annalisa Barbieri, ‘and this is one of those cases’

I have a lovely daughter and husband, a secure and happy life, and a successful career. This has involved hard work and a commitment to ongoing improvement, realising that life (for me) is a journey of learning to unlearn the lessons of the past. I was told to leave my family home at 17;  I’d sustained years of fear and violence from my father. He was angry at the world after my mother died.

I set about building a new life for myself. I never stop giving my daughter the love, safety and security I didn’t have as a child; she is very happy.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment