My heart ‘ticks’ when I have sex and it affects my performance

Since having surgery to insert a mechanical valve, I am extremely self-conscious about the noise it makes during intercourse. How can I get over the fear of losing my erection?

I had heart surgery to insert a mechanical valve and now I can hear it ‘ticking’ away loudly when I am on top during intercourse. I can’t stop worrying about the noise. It is a continual spiral and I can’t seem to overcome the fear of losing my erection. What can I do to get over this performance anxiety? Of course, my partner worries that it is her that I don’t find her attractive, but that is not true.

Many people find that intrusive thoughts, images and other distracting stimuli affect their ability to sustain arousal through to orgasm. But if the experience itself is largely imbued with pleasure, the waxing and waning of an erection as a perfectly normal part of the process really doesn’t matter, does it?

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment