Running bras: ladies, get a better one

What’s up with us? We’ll spend a fortune of luxury printed leggings but let our breasts bounce all over the place because we’re wearing a cheap low-impact bra to go running

Driving with me is fun. If I’m in my car and see a runner, this is what happens: I check out their kit. I check out how they’re running. A heavy heel striker? “Thump thump.” Someone who should do more core strengthening? “Look at that flailing foot.” Pretty much every woman runner I see, ever? “GET A BETTER SPORTS BRA.”

Women, what’s up with you? You’ll spend a fortune on luxury printed leggings, but you let your breasts bounce all over the place because you’re wearing a cheap low-impact high-street bra that is doing nothing for your breasts or your health. A sign at the London Marathon said it clearly enough: “You may run a 26.2 or so miles at a marathon, but your breasts will have moved three miles further.” Yes, even us small-chested runners. Go to the Shock Absorber website and watch their “bounce-o-meter” video of how much runners’ breasts move. Even small ones. It’s shocking.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment