The endurance run that's like climbing Everest four times

Ultra runner Patrick Devine Wright is planning a record attempt on the South West Coast Path, one of Britain’s most challenging trails – 630 miles in 14 days, with a total climb of more than 35km. And he needs your help …


Excitement. Nervousness. Uncertainty. Fear. I have felt the effect of this heady cocktail of emotions before – two years ago, after some friends persuaded me to enter the Dragon’s Back along the brutally mountainous spine of Wales.


That race took five days – much further than anything I had run before. A complete leap into the unknown. But I did it. And more than that, I surprised everyone (including myself) by finishing third in a race where two-thirds of the entrants failed to make it past day one.


Continue reading...













Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment