I am not attractive to others. Would life be better if I made more effort?

Looking stylish is a smokescreen, says Annalisa Barbieri, where and why did you learn to be quiet and invisible?

I am a 63-year-old woman who, about 10 years ago, realised I am not seen as physically attractive by others. I have had a few partners in my life, though I didn’t settle with any of them. Recently, I concluded that I would be unlikely to make another close relationship and have focused on making a good life for myself.

I have since looked back over my life and re-evaluated many seemingly small experiences that affected me badly, such as a singing course on which one girl received a huge amount of attention from the leader. Late in the course, he was shocked to find that I have a good singing voice. As a not-attractive woman, it is harder to be heard. I wonder how different my life might have been if I had been better looking.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment