I love going to the cinema alone, and not just for the popcorn | Hannah Jane Parkinson

As a child, I assumed lone movie-goers had no friends. Do teenagers think this of me?

When I was a kid, if I spotted someone alone at the cinema I would assume they were a sad sack. I am ashamed to admit this, but I would peg them as a loser; or I would feel sorry for them, because I assumed they had no friends.

I wonder if teenagers think this of me, now that I go to the cinema alone more frequently than with company. While I enjoy going with a pal, to dissect a film or performance afterwards, perhaps it is even more of a pleasure to assess it in one’s own head, in solitude – turning it over in the mind, forming an opinion untainted by conversation.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment