I am under pressure to ignore my grandmother’s will | Annalisa Barbieri

The only answer is to go back to the beginning: do what your grandmother wanted, but perhaps with some caveats, says our expert Annalisa Barbieri

My grandmother is frail and in her 90s. She has three children, including my mother. My mother’s siblings have problems with addiction, and mental health issues. One of them lives with my grandmother. Neither of them works and they have been on benefits most of their adult lives.

They have taken every spare penny that my grandmother has had since her husband left her. She owns her own home, and some years ago they persuaded her to take equity release to help them out financially. She has been paying off the interest from her pension ever since.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment