From a gentle squeeze to an emotional embrace, I’m a black-belt in hugging | Hannah Jane Parkinson

A hug is sort of a human contact master key: it works with all the emotions

I am aware of the split between huggers and non-huggers; a self-identifier almost as stentorian as Remain or Leave, Manchester United or Liverpool, Blur or Oasis. I am a hugger. I have always been and, barring some traumatising hugging-related incident, always will be.

I am tactile in other ways, too. I don’t think anything of putting a light hand on people’s upper arms, or knees, or offering a high-five. This sort of thing in certain scenarios with certain people can be problematic (all powerful men, I am very much looking at you), and some people have such a strong aversion to casual touching that it is best to gauge this before slapping them heartily on the back. But hugging, for me, is one of life’s true pleasures.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment