As a Chronically Hungry Meat-Eater, Here's What I Thought of This Plant-Based Meal Service

I've never been one for meal plan services, probably because I a) kind of like cooking, b) like to know exactly what I'm eating, and c) don't have TONS of extra money to throw around. At the same time, who wouldn't be down for the idea of saving time, plus skipping the drudgery of cooking meals and washing 10,000 dishes every single day? Simply put, I liked the idea but wasn't sure it was worth the commitment, financial or otherwise.

I recently had the chance to try Sakara, a trendy organic meal delivery program, and, admittedly, that aforementioned laziness was part of my excitement to give it a shot. Sakara's meals, though, are fully plant-based and free of processed sugars, chemicals, preservatives, and additives. The emphasis is on whole foods and especially vegetables, something I know I need to eat more of. I knew I'd be getting healthy meals and foods I don't normally make on my own, so it seemed worth a shot.

Sakara set me up with three days' worth of meals, which I tried Monday through Wednesday during a normal workweek. Here's what I thought and whether it was worth it in the end.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment