In many ways my husband was perfect – but I left him. Was I too hasty?

My hunch is that you want to move on, but you’re scared, says Annalisa Barbieri

I met my husband when I was 23 and in a relationship with someone else, who was making me unhappy. Initially we had a pretty good sex life, but over a year or two this fizzled out. Sex became sporadic and I wondered if I was to blame, as I am stressy and anxious. When we had sex, it was very satisfying for both of us, but my desire was limited. The lack of a “successful” sex life made me unhappy and it felt as if something was missing.

We were best friends and shared so many interests. I adored him and many would say he was the perfect husband: generous, kind, intelligent, successful, supportive and fun. Plus, we enjoyed doing the same things and everyone I knew felt positively about him. However, in the last couple of years, my eyes wandered. I had a brief affair, of which he was aware. It was intensely passionate, something I felt my own relationship was lacking.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment