John Legend Reached EGOT Status, but There's 1 Thing Left For Him to Do: Swim Lessons

John Legend has mastered a lot in his 40 years. In September 2018, he become one of the youngest people to obtain EGOT status, which means he's won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award. He also made history as the first black man to receive this honor. His successful career aside, there's one thing he hasn't quite conquered yet: swimming. But at age 40, he's giving it another go.

"I can't really swim," John tweeted on Jan. 28. "Today I took my first swim lesson since I was like 5. My dad learned in his 60s so I feel like I'm ahead of schedule." He later wrote to a fan that his children, Luna and Miles, began lessons months ago.

Chrissy Teigen posted an Instagram video of John, clad in goggles and swim trunks, at a private lesson with Southern California swim school kidSwim. By the looks of it, he's getting the hang of staying above water nicely! Read on for that footage plus some hilarious and endearing reactions to his lessons - because everyone, even an EGOT winner, needs some moral support when picking up the breaststroke.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment