We live in an image-obsessed world, says Sharmadean Reid. But there are dangers in being too decorative

Does it matter what I wear to work? I like to be comfortable but occasionally catch a glimpse of myself in the lifts (I work in advertising) and think I look a hot mess. Will that hold me back?

The short answer to “Does it matter?” is yes and no. No one can be on point with their outfit every day. That’s why they invented uniforms. I tend to start the week in what I call “cosy clothes”, a tracksuit or a jumper. I probably look a “hot mess”, too, but it means I can be focused. The beginning of the week is when I do the school run, and don’t tend to arrange any meetings. So I’m happy to wear whatever I want.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment