My son is jealous at the idea of me meeting a new man

Your son is entering adolescence, a period of huge change, says Annalisa Barbieri. He may be scared of losing you

My 14-year-old son is loving, considered, emotionally intelligent and fun. I’m very proud of him and we have a great relationship. His dad and I separated five years ago and we have a good relationship overall. My son lives with us both, on alternate weeks. His dad has a girlfriend and my son gets on well with her.

The problem is that my son is very jealous towards me. Since leaving his dad, I’ve dated a few people, some for a while, but never introduced them to him. This is partly because I wasn’t sure they’d be long-term partners but also because my son gets visibly angry at the thought of me having a boyfriend, or if he sees me texting, or suspects I might see someone during the weeks he’s not with me.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment