My ex-partner has cut all contact but I'm desperate for closure

She said she wanted to stay friends but then started cancelling our meetings, finally saying we can never speak again

After living together for four years, my partner and I broke up amicably 18 months ago. We stayed loosely in touch. Six months ago, she said she wanted to be closer friends and we met several times. Then she began to postpone meetings, suggesting another but always cancelling. She brushed aside my comments that this was hurtful and finally texted to say we could never talk again and I shouldn’t contact her. I have been denied a conversation about what happened. I wrote saying how she had made me feel, and she threatened to go to the police if I tried again to make contact. I have never felt so desperate. I don’t know how to find closure.

• When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments that appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment