Should I jeopardise my career to move abroad with my girlfriend?

I love her, but feel she may be asking too much by wanting me to move from Japan to the US

I have lived in Japan for several years. My career in academia is going well and I have a promising and stable future here. Through my work, I met a wonderful American woman. We lived together for two very happy years before she decided to return to the US. She left in February this year and we have since got into a committed long-distance relationship.

She wants me to follow here there, but I am reluctant to do so as the opportunities where she lives are far more limited in our area of work and we would face financial challenges. I love her, but feel she may be asking too much. As a 39-year-old man (she’s 35), I’m finding it hard to make the leap of faith that she is asking for.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment