I Drank Beachbody's Shakeology Every Morning For 1 Week, and Here's What Happened

I've been a protein powder fiend for as long as I can remember. I love to have a cold, creamy smoothie in the mornings when I'm done with my weightlifting session, and I've tried just about every brand that exists. But there's one I kept hearing about over and over again, and I'd never actually tried it before: Shakeology.

You may have heard of Shakeology at some point because it's made by Beachbody, the ever-reliable platform that gave us P90X, 80-Day Obsession, and Insanity. This all-encompassing protein powder claims to help you lose weight, reduce cravings, give you healthy energy, and support digestion. Those are some pretty big claims, so I drank it every single day for a week to see what would happen.

It Tasted Absolutely Amazing

I don't say this lightly, but Shakeology is by far the best-tasting protein powder I've ever had. I had the chocolate, vanilla, and cafe latte flavors (all vegan since I'm plant-based), and my favorite was the chocolate. The cafe latte was a close second, but the chocolate flavor tasted positively like a creamy milkshake.

My smoothie was pretty simple: Shakeology, almond milk, one spoonful of nut butter, a handful of spinach (which is why it's green in the picture), and ice. I wanted to savor every single sip of it!

It Had a Lot More Nutrients Than I Realized

Not all protein powders are created equally. I didn't realize until I glanced at the label that Shakeology actually has a ton of good sh*t in it, in addition to the protein blend, which is made up of chia seeds, pea protein, sacha inchi, quinoa, rice, and oats. There's also a proprietary superfruit antioxidant blend, a supergreen phytonutrient blend, an adaptogen blend, and a pre- and probiotic digestive enzyme blend. Like I said, good sh*t. By the third day, I didn't even feel the need to add in that handful of spinach anymore.

I Had a Ton of Energy

Shakeology promises to give you a boost of energy so you can get through your day and crush your workouts. I thought it was all just part of the marketing ploy, but I genuinely noticed a difference after I drank my shake in the morning. My mood was slightly elevated, I felt like I recovered well from my workouts, and I didn't get any kind of afternoon crash later in the day.

I Was Full All the Way Until Lunch

I tend to struggle with late-morning hunger, even on the days when I eat a big breakfast. But Shakeology was so filling that I didn't even think about eating until lunchtime hit. This prevented me from snacking mindlessly or grabbing packaged food because I was hungry and in a pinch.

I Didn't Notice Any Change in My Trips to the Bathroom

There are six grams of fiber in each serving of Shakeology, which makes up 24 percent of your recommended daily intake. Although this is a good serving of fiber, it didn't make much of a difference. I didn't poop any more or any less than I normally do, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't have a positive effect on someone else.

After my week-long love affair with Shakeology, I didn't want it to end. I'm still drinking the smoothie whenever I can, although maybe not every single day, and perhaps I'll see even more positive changes after a couple more weeks.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment