Why do I wish my perfect partner didn’t dote on me so much? | Dear Mariella

Only stay in the relationship if you’re enjoying it – and don’t overthink it, Mariella Frostrup tells a woman wondering whether her kind and loving boyfriend is a bad choice

The dilemma I’m a 25-year-old woman in her first serious relationship. We have been together for 15 months and he is exactly what you would want in a partner – loving, kind, accepting and ultimately makes himself totally available to me in all senses of the word. This is also exactly the opposite of any kind of man I have dated previously and I worry that those experiences have somehow scarred me. I find myself wishing he was more unavailable, less overtly loving and did not dote on me so much.

I feel I am attracted more to men I know to be bad news, particularly if they’re off limits, and I wish there was more passion in our relationship. None of this is helped by my having health problems recently. We have discussed moving in together and a big trip, but I find myself torn between this path and a very different partner and life.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment