I Tried a New Boutique Fitness Class Every Day For a Week . . . and Then I Ate Cake

New Yorkers are many things - passionate, funny, direct, but easygoing is not one of them. Since moving to New York, I have noticed people take fitness very seriously indeed! They wake up at the crack of dawn to Spin, tone, run, and a lot of other verbs I haven't quite figured out yet. Because the city is so crowded and landlocked, there isn't a ton of opportunity to hike or run outside, which is what I did for exercise when I lived in California. This combined with the fact that New Yorkers like to look amazing at all times has produced a plethora of boutique fitness classes to suit every whim and fancy. Nearly every week I hear of a new class frequented by bloggers or celebrities, and I knew I had to try some.

Here's the thing about fancy boutique fitness classes: they are expensive and intimidating. They all seem to have cult followings with supertoned followers who know intuitively how to do every move. There, I said it!

So I decided to do one boutique fitness class every day for a week. It sounds crazy, but I wanted to challenge myself and find out which of these niche workouts is right for me. As I said, boutique fitness is expensive so I only want to frequent classes that are fun, make me sweat, and are worth my time (and cash)!

Thankfully, I am not training for the Olympics nor the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - I'm just a normal, working girl who sometimes can't muster the strength to just go to the gym and train herself, so that's the filter I'll be analyzing the classes through.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment