How to say no to your boss’s bad ideas

If you think your boss’s idea is awful, offer an alternative, says Sharmadean Reid

I have crappy ideas all the time and I welcome people telling me, but most people don’t dare to because they’re intimidated by the boss. They should though – leaders make mistakes.

My terrible ideas often come from being under pressure to make many different decisions across the business. Those who are earlier in their career are usually focused on a specific task or department, so I always say to my team: “You guys are on the frontline, you’re far more knowledgeable than me about this area. Update me on what’s going on.” I see my role as intelligence gathering for the long-term good of the business. If you think my idea is awful, you should tell me!

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment