I refuse to let cancer deprive my sons of their mother

Having been orphaned herself, Genevieve Fox’s desire to look after herself when she became ill was matched only by her urge to look after her own children

As my husband and I approach the UCH Macmillan Centre for the results of the biopsy for a lump in my neck, I wonder if I’ll have a single malt at the pub afterwards, or a warming whisky mac. Richard, usually a decorous drinker, has suggested the stiff drink before we head home for the Secret Santa party we’re hosting later on. The sooner we get this appointment out of the way, the better.

We take our seats in the reception area. When I was here two weeks ago, I watched as a Macmillan nurse approached a seated couple and chatted. Clearly one of them had cancer. I don’t want anything to do with Macmillan nurses.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment