Round and round and round I go .... A unique half marathon at the Olympic park for me. But what did you get up to at the weekend? As always, share your running highs and lows below the line. And remember, your knees are JUST FINE, ok?

Always read the small print when you enter races, folks. When I found a half marathon around the right time, and saw it was a 13-and-a-bit lap of part of the Olympic Park, I thought “Oh well, that’ll be flat as a pancake ...”. Really should have noticed it was the undulating one mile Velopark loop, with four small hills per lap, and constant exposure to a wind that apparently arrived direct from the Urals.

Still, it was a great race, in its own unique way - very well organised by the Run Through, who had their work cut out, with races at half marathon, 10 mile, 10k, 5k and mile distances going on at the same time - and with a fabulous medal. I’ve actually nominated Run Through for the “Consistently Best Medals” award in my own personal running Oscars, and I treasure the Womble-themed one I got for another of their races. No prizes for guessing where.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment