Why This Revenge Body Trainer Says "I Don't Believe in Cheat Meals"

Do your weekends consist of bountiful cheat meals? Maybe you even have a "cheat day" . . . and while we're all for a balanced diet and treating yourself, that kind of language and mentality can be damaging.

"When someone's like, 'I'm having a cheat meal!,' I think, 'What are you cheating on?'" said Revenge Body star and celeb trainer Latreal Mitchell. "I don't believe in cheat meals."

That's not to say she doesn't indulge. "When someone asks me, 'What's your cheat meal?,' I don't have one! But if I want to sit at a bar and have a glass of wine and some french fries, I will!" she said. "I can do that because I have balance, and I eat healthy 90 percent of the time." And that's her point: balance!

When a client or friend tells Latreal about their cheat meal, she asks them, "Does that mean you deprive yourself all the time?" She told POPSUGAR that the more she learned about food and nutrition through her certification programs (she's certified as a nutrition coach through Precision Nutrition and a health coach through The Institute for Integrative Nutrition), the more balance she found. Her point is to incorporate those indulgences into your diet (in moderate amounts, of course), rather than treating them like something sinful.

Eating a treat should never be considered cheating. "If you're eating good food, then eat good food. And then sometimes eat what you want, but don't consider it a cheat meal, because what are you cheating on? Are you cheating on eating healthy? No!" Amen to that.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment