Pimp my ride: readers reveal the secrets of their bike modifications

Your most innovative modifications, from a ‘bionic’ stand-up bike to an old chopper turned into a moped

Dan Lance, 35, Canberra, Australia

While browsing eBay I noticed a DIY kit to turn any bike into an 80cc moped. I spent a Friday night and Saturday morning mounting the motor in the frame, which took a lot of grinding and cutting. On Saturday afternoon I added all the ancillary equipment and on Sunday morning remounted the motor and tidied up a bunch of stuff. I didn’t want to upset the neighbours so I pedalled the machine down the street with the motor off. I got to the carpark of the nearby scout hall, fired it up and twisted the throttle! It was fantastic! It worked! It was a useful bike!

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment