'I should feel pleased the fast is having the desired effects [but] my life is boring'

In an extract from her new book Wellmania, Guardian Australia columnist Brigid Delaney recalls the agony – and unfortunate side effects – of a 15-day fast

By day five without food, there is no hiding from the truth: I smell bad. Really bad. Not sweaty, but like something that’s been left in the bin too long and is rotting.

At first, lying in bed on a beautiful sunny day, with the windows open and the breeze blowing in, I think a backpacker must have left chicken carcasses in the bins in the neighbouring park. Revolting, I think, whoever left meat out to rot is gross. (Or in my slow state of cognition, what I actually think is: Smell meat bad, chicken, gross, rotting backpacker.)

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment