Trying to get your running mojo back? Me too, me too. As always, share your niggles, PBs and recipes for injury-healing soup below the line

Most of my weekends follow the same pattern: track session with my club on Saturday morning (spend rest of day trying not to fall asleep) then long run on Sunday morning (ditto, but with added pizza). This one was no exception. I’m not doing a huge amount of mileage at the moment, and have drifted a bit since the London Marathon, so I’m trying to focus on really getting the most out of those track sessions.

I love track running. There’s something about that red 400m circle that lets my brain switch off - no roads to cross, no bikes to watch out for, no squirrels-playing-chicken to leap over (that actually happened in Regents Park last Friday). If you have an athletics track near you, do go and try it - not least because, at least in the UK, it’s quite definitely a case of ‘use it or lose it’. I think there’s also a perception that track training is only for ‘serious’ runners, whereas runners of any level at all can get something out of a session. After all, it’s only a quarter of a mile, no one can get left behind and no one can get lost. For the self-conscious - well, apart from the person just in front of you and the one breathing down your shoulder, no one is aware of anyone else’s speed. If you’ve never tried it - give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment