Andy Baddeley: 'The best thing about running is the running community'

The middle-distance Olympian on the loneliness of the call room, a good burger after a race and how runners should keep it simple

Andy Baddeley is a middle-distance runner who competed in the European and World championships, and Commonwealth and Olympic games. He also happens to be the holder of the global parkrun record, running the Bushy Park course in 2012 in 13:48

You actually studied engineering. Do your parents ask you when you are going to stop running and get a proper job? Ha, that’s what people have been saying to me for the last 10 years. When are you going to use that degree you worked so hard for and get a proper job? Because running only started for me as a one-year thing. I was running at a reasonable level through university and then I met my coach in my final year. And it was either do a Phd or move to London, train for a year and see if I get any better. Ten years later I’ve been a professional and went to the Olympics. Never went back to academia.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment