A Trainer Reveals the 6 Biggest Workout Mistakes That Are Making You Bulky

When it was time to get in shape for my wedding, I knew who I wanted to call: Steve Pasterino. His nickname might be "P," but I refer to him as the get-lean doctor. As a five foot two petite woman who is in decent shape, getting long and strong was my number one goal.

I took P's class years ago when he was a trainer at ModelFit, an NYC boutique gym frequented by long-legged ladies. Last May, he broke out and created his own studio and method dubbed Bodies By P. The movement in the class is centered around slow, full-body exercises meant to stretch and tone. A bunch of props are used, including ankle weights, gliders, steps, poles, Pilates balls, and two-pound weights.

"I like to slow everything down," he told POPSUGAR. "I incorporate a lot of movement without being repetitive for the entire hour. This gives women a chance to move their body every way it can without being stuck in a limited set of positions. This is the secret to allowing women to finally have the bodies they work so hard for."

After doing P's method about four times a week (a mix of classes and private training) for a month, the lumpy area below my bum flattened, my hips looked more contoured, and the jiggly part of triceps firmed. During my journey, P shared tons of tricks, explanations for why his method is effective, and what I had been doing wrong previously.

OK, ready to dive deeper into this unique method? Keep reading to learn mistakes you may be making and how to fix them. Even if you don't live in NYC, I bet there are tricks you can learn to bring into your own routine.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment