Dressage champion Charlotte Dujardin: ‘I go away once a year – no horses for 10 days’

The 32-year-old Olympic champion on retail therapy, apple crumble and never doing nothing

Sleep I’m one of those people who needs their sleep. If I don’t get enough I can be pretty grumpy, so I go to bed early and wake early. I start riding by 7.30am and I’m usually so exhausted from a day’s training my head is on the pillow by 9.30pm. I might watch a bit of telly but then I’m out; I’m like an old person. I’ve always been a deep sleeper; not even the prospect of an Olympic final keeps me awake.

Eat I work with a personal trainer who makes sure I get the right combination of carbs, protein and fats. Everything is worked out to sync with what I’m physically doing each day. For breakfast I’ll have scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast; a chicken wrap and salad for lunch; a healthy meal of meat and lots of vegetables for dinner, plus two snacks of nuts and fruit. On days off I love apple crumble and ice-cream.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment