My brother cut contact with me after a misunderstanding. How can I repair the relationship?

I was suffering with anxiety and OCD when I missed a meeting that meant a lot to him. I am now expecting a child, but my happiness is tinged with sadness at this loss

My brother and I have always had quite a difficult relationship, but he cut off contact two years ago. I was suffering from severe anxiety and OCD at the time and he wanted me to travel two hours to meet him. He wanted to tell me in person that he and his wife were expecting a baby – I didn’t know this at the time and was just thinking about getting through each day, so I refused.

I tried to reach out over the next few months and sent gifts for his baby. Then, when I got engaged, I called to invite him to our wedding. He never responded.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment