My girlfriend's athletic exes have given me an inferiority complex

We have been together for five months, but I have just found out one ex was an Olympic swimmer and another a professional NFL player. How can I get past my feelings of inadequacy?

I have been with this great girl over the past five months, but just yesterday it came to light that her ex was an Olympic swimmer and the ex before that was a professional NFL player. I’m outgoing and active, but in no way a professional athlete. I have always considered myself quite confident, but for the first time in my life I find myself with an inferiority complex. Worse still, I now feel conflicted about things I used to feel confident about before these revelations. I love this girl and I’m sure she loves me. I just want to know how to get over this and move on.

• When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments that appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment