Travelling light is the closest thing to feeling free | Hannah Jane Parkinson

Not carrying much means your plans can change on a whim

I have crossed borders with nothing but a rucksack on my back. Arrived in countries with a holdall and that’s it. Last year, at midnight, I booked a plane ticket for 7am that morning from London to Glasgow, packed a bag barely heavier than the quotidian, and off I went. I have gone to Morocco and Egypt in similar circumstances.

Travelling is wonderful, but the downsides – with air travel in particular – are easy to acknowledge: the dragging of heavy suitcases (often with a wonky wheel or broken handle); the queueing; the waiting around for luggage – and the potential for it to be lost; the paying extra for, seemingly, everything. The poor sods rifling through their carefully folded underwear to find something of sufficient weight to remove, rather than pay an extortionate £40 surplus baggage fee.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment