Our relationship with our 32-year-old daughter has broken down

You seem to want to make things better, says Annalisa Barbieri, but something (perhaps your husband?) is holding you back

Our relationship with our 32-year-old daughter has broken down. She is the youngest of three. When she was a young teenager, there were heated arguments between her and her dad, and sometimes in exasperation he “bundled” her out of the room. I would try to act as a buffer between them.

My daughter and I had a close relationship and he felt excluded. I realise now that I probably made this worse. After university, we got on well and saw her often. Before her wedding, she demanded my husband apologise for his “violence” to her as a condition of walking her down the aisle. This he did, but he was devastated by her accusation – it was the first we knew how she felt. She married, but her husband became violent; they divorced. She came to live with us.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment