My life was so hectic that I welcomed getting ill

Being forced to take a break is the only way to switch off from relentless family and work life – but does it really solve anything?

Here’s how I realised I might have a problem with stress. A year ago I made the decision to have corrective surgery on my eyes. Before the procedure took place, I was warned countless times of complications that could arise and cause permanent damage to my eyesight. There was a waiver for me to sign, in case anything went wrong.

As the surgery began, I was wheeled into theatre and my eyelids were pinned open. Two small suckers were lowered on to the surface of my eyeballs and, nearby, some equipment began to whirr in calibration. The surgeon counted down, there was a pop of light and a milky whiteness swarmed in from the peripheries of my vision until I could see nothing else. I was blind.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment