Kirsty Wark: ‘We should work a four-day week and on the other day learn another skill’

The Newsnight presenter, 63, talks about her early menopause, HRT and what’s wrong with our living-for-the-weekend culture

I can tell I’m getting older (I’m 63), because I can’t see without my glasses. Just yesterday morning I went into my daughter’s bathroom and picked up a bottle that looked exactly like my face oil and splashed it all over my face and went out. I woke up this morning and my face is bright orange – it was her tanning oil. You’re only supposed to use one drop. I look like a carrot. I’m hoping by the time I do Newsnight on Thursday it will have calmed down.

I had a hysterectomy, when I was 46, which triggered early menopause. It’s not a choice going through the menopause, but no one ever talks about it. I think it goes back to medieval times when it was associated with witchcraft. When kids have sex education at school, it’s never discussed. No one says there will be a cycle in your life when you’re no longer fertile and you will get symptoms such as joint pain and forgetfulness.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment