Fit in my 40s: will trail running make me faster?

As soon as you are on grass, you are also on mud, twigs, stones and hillocks

I never thought I would need to know so much about physics to become a runner. But it turns out that sports science is a real thing, not just a degree people take when they don’t want to leave education but only really like their friends and aerobics.

Nick Anderson is a Team GB and England athletics coach. He has agreed to show me how to trail run, ie swap the pavement for the park. “Top runners would do both, on and off road, because they complement each other,” he says. It is basically grass versus tarmac, although as soon as you are on grass, you are also on mud, twigs, stones and tiny, vicious hillocks.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment