My brother hurt me, and I want to cut contact, but Mum’s will left money issues

My manipulative, abusive brother got Mum to alter her will in his favour. I want to cut off from him. Annalisa Barbieri advises a reader

I am the youngest, female child of a second marriage with one brother and a half-sister (another half-brother died some years ago). My parents were unhappily married and my father had mental health problems. They divorced when I was at primary school and I lived with my mother. She began a relationship with an alcoholic, who used to attack me physically and was emotionally abusive, too.

After a few months of terrible and neglectful parenting, I went to live with my father. Contact with my mother was scarce and difficult for most of my teenage years and into adulthood. She was emotionally distant, selfish and quite cruel. My father was demonstrative and I always knew he loved me, but he was a difficult and troubled man.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment