Any triumphant tales from New York to report? Or other autumnal races from around the world? As always, share your victories and losses (small or big) below the line.

Watching the tail end of the New York marathon yesterday, I was reminded of my own experience of the race, three years ago. Mainly, how it was so cold that the start area looked like the worst music festival ever, complete with dodgy woolly hats (I wore my free lurid orange Dunkin’ Donuts one until mile five) and people huddling together for warmth.

And at the same moment, the London temperature belated consulted a calendar, realised that it is now November, and promptly dived. If it continues heading south at this rate, I might even have to acknowledge that it isn’t shorts weather. Of course, I jest: it’s always shorts weather. It’s just sometimes your knees get frosty.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment