Come and share your long weekend of racing, running or resting below the line as always: bank holidays are no excuse

Apologies for the late debrief this morning, I’m just back at the computer after the formerly-known-as-Bupa-10km. Now known as the Vitality 10km, but I can’t quite get my head around that. I’d forgotten quite what a massive race it is – a huge field, starting more or less exactly where the London Marathon finishes, and looping around central London to St Paul’s and back.

Theoretically – and certainly for other people – it’s a fast course, though it never seems to work out that way for me. I made the mistake of starting too far back and spent the first two miles – a fair proportion of the race – trying to get past people. Then again, I’m not sure my heart was really in a proper “go for a PB race”, so perhaps I’m just making excuses. I finished in a negative split, which has to be a first for a 10km race for me, and a nowhere-near-PB time that still, I reckon, just about qualifies as a hard training workout. I’ve realised from previous summers of 10km races that I need a good run up at these things – starting with a good tempo run, building on that in a series of races through the summer. So let’s call this a season opener …

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment