Old School Ass Kicker: Bill Goldberg

Old School Ass Kicker: Bill Goldberg

M&F: How are you training these days?
I train Muay Thai and lift weights three to six times a week. Today is the “hour of power,” an hour of throwing 100% power shots. You jab, right cross, hook, right cross, then kick.

When did you develop a passion for Muay Thai? 
In 1999, I sought out one-on-one Muay Thai training to prepare for wrestling in Japan. That started my love for the sport. 

Do you plan to compete in combat sports?
Glory kickboxing offered me a fight, but it was too soon. If Goldberg is going to fight, there has to be proper buildup. Don’t think I’m training this often if I don’t intend to fight. 

What’s the worst damage you’ve done with your finishing move, the Spear? 
I’d imagine a couple of knees were torn up—all unintentional. It’s just the nature of the beast. 

What’s your favorite moment in professional wrestling? 
After I beat Hulk Hogan in Atlanta for the title, my former Atlanta Falcons teammates came to see me. Seeing their enjoyment was really cool because I tried to emulate them in my rise to the NFL. They wanted to be me that night.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment