My friend is single and lonely, but demanding

I feel for her, but can’t be available all the time. I don’t know how to help her without compromising my own wellbeing

My friend is kind and popular, but lonely. She is in her mid-30s and single and it’s all she can focus on. She is upset when no one is available to do things with her and wants a man or her friends to fill the gaps. While I feel for her, I have my own stresses and a fairly new relationship, family and other friendships to maintain – I can’t fulfil her needs all the time. If I don’t see her for a week or so, I know a call will come and she will be upset if I say no. She is negative to be around so it makes it hard to want to find the time. I feel selfish, but sometimes I’d rather use a free evening for myself. How can I help without compromising my own wellbeing?

• When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments that appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment