The joys of parkrun for me this weekend - and a big thank you to every single person who makes them possible. As always, share your own weekend triumphs and woes below the line

Well, having complained last week about how I can never really learn to love cross country running, I will counteract any negativity this week by writing some words I never through I’d string together: I really like 5ks.

On Saturday I did Fulham Palace parkrun - on smooth paved paths, three times around the park, it’s a fast course, good for a proper test. The thing about a 5k, if you really push it, is that it’s just so easy. No, no, wait, bear with me: your lungs might be screaming, your legs turning to jelly at the end, but there’s just no time for the mental battles that haunt your average marathoner. Over 26.2, even the elites have (just) over two hours in which to see-saw between good patches and bad patches, and the rest of us just have a whole lot more of it. If you do a 5k right, you don’t really have time to think much of anything.

Continue reading...
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment